NCDEO is the North Carolina State Affiliate for the National Dance Education Organization (NDEO).
NCDEO Purpose and Mission:
The mission of NCDEO is to support and advance dance education, to act and operate exclusively as a nonprofit corporation pursuant to the laws of the State of North Carolina, and to act and operate as a charitable organization in promoting the art form of dance as an essential educational component of life-long learning.
NCDEO Core Values:
- Every person has the right and the ability to experience the joy of dance.
- A high quality dance education is essential to the development of the whole person.
- Dance is an essential component of a balanced arts and culture community.
- Dance has the power to transform through physical expression, emotional connection, and the creative process.
- Dance reflects, challenges, and affirms the cultural values of the larger community.
- Provide services to support the field of dance education.
- Provide organization and power to dance educators to advocate for the field of dance.
- Promote connections and collaborations between dance educators and the professional dance community.
- Work with the National Dance Education Organization (NDEO) in carrying out the national mission of promoting and strengthening dance education, centered in the arts, and as an effective tool for education.