NDEO membership includes dual membership for NDEO and NCDEO as part of being an NC Dance Educator.
NDEO is a member-driven organization. Members vote, hold office, develop world-class publications, serve on national task force committees, develop student and teacher standards and assessments, choreograph, teach dance and academics, administer dance programs, do research, and a host of other professional activities. To a large extent, members determine the future directions of the organization – and importantly, they make systemic change in the United States in dance education.
Your NDEO membership gives you access to:
- Professional Development opportunities including national and special topic conferences and online courses
- Opportunities for Leadership on Board committees, programs, and initiatives
- Research and Publications exploring the breadth of dance education resources and knowledge
- Standards for dance education teaching and practice
- Awards and Scholarships to deepen your knowledge and celebrate contributions to the field
- A National Honor Society and awards recognition program for exceptional students (institutional members only)
- A Network of leaders and peers eager to share knowledge and best practices
- A National Voice to advocate for dance education in the arts, influence change, and impact policy